Fear and risk are a part of our day to day life as a small business owner — and because of that fact, it’s SO incredibly important that we know how to look at risk and decide if it’s wort the potential OPPORTUNITIES that it can bring!
In today’s conversation, I’m chatting with Jessica Urquhart — and we’re going to dive into her “whole human approach” approach for risk taking and how we can get more comfortable with our fears.
Jessica is a Certified Professional Coach specializing in Decision Empowerment services, with her company ALTAZ Coaching. She works closely with individuals who are facing significant pivots in their life, career, or business, and teaches them how to leverage logic + motivation + intuition for effective decision-making (her Mind, Heart, Soul™️ method), so they can choose fulfilling paths forward with more flow, clarity, and intentional direction.
Here are some snippets from our conversation:
5:28 – Jessica started with a thriving career in corporate finance & financial services for over 20 years before becoming a decision empowerment coach
8:48 – Jessica’s “whole human approach” to decision making
12:35 – There is always an opportunity on the other side of the risk
14:47 – Risk is a part of life, it’s always going to be present
15:07- Identifying a risk & creating boundaries around the risk
15:53 – Identifying & acknowledging the emotions around our decisions
17:01 – Understanding the impact that potential risks will create
19:50 – Understanding what you can do for mitigation measures
20:42 – Considering the actual probability behind the risk (& the probabilities of the opportunities)
22:25 – Understanding your risk tolerance
26:30 – How risk exposure lines up with your values
29:00 – The soul component of this risk method is to sit with your feelings and values and trusting that you can figure things out
31:27 – Getting comfortable releasing control & expectations
33:32: Jessica’s story around how being over-prepared isn’t necessarily a good thing
I can’t wait for you to dive into this episode!
Links from today’s episode:
- Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway by Susan Jeffers (Jessica’s book rec)
- Adventures in Opting Out – Cait Flanders (Jessica’s book rec)
- Connect with Jessica on Facebook
- Visit her website
I’d love to connect with you!
- Say hello to Krista on Instagram 👋
- Join the email community & make business building feel fun again 🥳
- Learn about 1:1 coaching
READY FOR MORE?!
Join me for my exclusive FREE video workshop — Planning For Profit!
The training for small business owners & creative entrepreneurs that are ready to create a thriving, profit-focused business! 🥳
Inside the workshop we’ll be covering:
- Overcoming limiting beliefs & understanding how they’re holding us back from earning more money
- Overcoming our perfectionism & people pleasing tendencies
- Identifying your values and creating alignment with your goals
- Powerful thinking & visualization strategies to put you in the mindset of a profitable business owner
- Defining your money story & getting clear on any money blocks
- Understanding your numbers (what you need to go full-time/take your business to the next level)
- The profit first method and how to start implementing it in your business
- Successful money habits
- Ditching the busy work
- Powerful content creation
- Marketing & selling strategies
- Creating an irresistible brand
- Streamlining your systems