Today’s episode is one that I have been very excited to share! I think that for some of us, we can get so excited at the idea of starting our brand design and the possibility of having someone take that weight off our shoulders, right? The thought of having a professional help design our career vision and create the look and feel of what we want it to be is such an incredible part of the creative journey. But sometimes we have to pause and make sure we even know what we want to look at.
In this episode I’m chatting with Denisa Parker, a branding and packaging designer and founder of Kind and Ivy, who shares her five things to consider before hiring a brand designer. From understanding your goals and target audience to creating a relaunch strategy, Denisa outlines what it takes to create a sustainable and thriving business.
With a passion for sustainable and ethical brand design and packaging, Denisa has helped numerous small brands turn their business dreams into reality and stand out in their industry. She has a Master’s degree in Environmental Science, which has shaped her mission to make a difference and inspire others. Denisa’s enthusiasm for her work and her attention to detail will help guide us through this complex topic.
Here is a sneak peak of some of the things we cover:
1. How to Use Brand Strategy and Identity Design to Help Businesses Grow and Scale
2. What to Consider When Working With a Designer to Create a Brand
3. How to Invest in Your Business with a Service Provider
3:00 Meet Denisa
10:18 Brief Overview of Tips for Hiring a Brand Designer
13:53 Hiring a Brand Designer: Things to Consider
15:00 The Importance of Knowing Your Business Goals When Working with a Designer
22:38 The Importance of Timing When Working With a Designer
26:34 The Importance of Branding Clarity
27:34 Branding Budget: How Much Should You Spend?
30:38 Designer-Client Budget Conversation
34:08 Designing a Brand that Stands Out
40:44 Working with a Designer: What to Consider
43:43 The Power of Being Authentic in Your Business
Other episodes you’ll enjoy:
Ep. #43 Do you really *need* a rebrand??
My new website!
Learn more about my new coaching program AMPLIFY!
Connect with Denisa:
Connect with Denisa on Instagram
Learn more about Kind and Ivy
I’d love to connect with you!
- Say hello to Krista on Instagram 👋
- Join the email community & make business building feel fun again 🥳
- Learn about 1:1 coaching
READY FOR MORE?!
Join me for my exclusive FREE video workshop — Planning For Profit!
The training for small business owners & creative entrepreneurs that are ready to create a thriving, profit-focused business! 🥳
Inside the workshop we’ll be covering:
- Overcoming limiting beliefs & understanding how they’re holding us back from earning more money
- Overcoming our perfectionism & people pleasing tendencies
- Identifying your values and creating alignment with your goals
- Powerful thinking & visualization strategies to put you in the mindset of a profitable business owner
- Defining your money story & getting clear on any money blocks
- Understanding your numbers (what you need to go full-time/take your business to the next level)
- The profit first method and how to start implementing it in your business
- Successful money habits
- Ditching the busy work
- Powerful content creation
- Marketing & selling strategies
- Creating an irresistible brand
- Streamlining your systems