OVERVIEW OF THE TYPE TWO:
People with this Enneagram type have a strong desire to be seen as helpful. There’s an emphasis here on wanting to be “seen” a certain type of way, as their image and persona is very important to them. They typically have a strong desire to be loved and needed by others. Enneagram Twos are commonly seen as warm, generous and supportive.
They are so deeply rooted in putting others first, that they believe deep down that they (themselves) have no needs. On a subconscious level, they sometimes “give to get” – but when they become aware of this trait, they feel a deep sense of shame.
Enneagram Twos find pride in not having any needs and put all of their energy in sensing the needs of others and trying to be as helpful and supportive as possible.
Key Characteristics of Enneagram Type Twos:
- Helpful & Generous: Enneagram Twos are natural givers and often go out of their way to assist others. They have a superpower of being able to sense the needs of others and feel a strong sense of responsibility to help others.
- People-Pleasers: They often have a tendency of putting others needs before their own, sometimes to the detriment of their own well-being. This can lead to people-pleasing in order to avoid uncomfortable inner feelings and emotions.
- Approval Seeking: Twos have a strong need to like & be liked by others. This can lead to unhealthy patterns of seeking external validation in order to feel worthy.
Type Two Core Fear:
Being unwanted, unloved, dispensable or replaceable. They sometimes worry that if they don’t help or care for others, they will be rejected or abandoned.
Type Two Core Desire:
To be loved, wanted, appreciated & seen as kind, loving and selfless. They want to feel that they are valuable to others and make a positive impact on people’s lives.
Core Differentiator for Type Twos (What Makes Them Unique) :
An ability to sense others needs instinctively. Enneagram twos can often walk into a room and get an immediate sense of what each person needs. This often leads to a heightened sensitivity to the moods and feelings of others around them.
Common Thoughts of Enneagram Type Twos:
- I often feel worthless/unworthy when others aren’t giving me the love and affection I long for
- I often push down feelings that feel uncomfortable/bad in hopes that they will go away
- It makes me really upset when someone sees/interprets me the wrong way – for example, if I say something that hurts someone, I overly focus on my intention and what I was trying to say (sometimes unknowingly dismissing how they interpreted it)
- I have a deep rooted need to feel liked by everyone – when someone doesn’t like me it makes me feel really insecure
- I want to help others because I know what they need and I’m the only one who can help “fix things” for them
Growth Path for Enneagram Twos:
Getting a deeper understanding of your own needs and recognizing that having needs isn’t “bad” — it’s a part of being human. Learning to say no & set boundaries and seeing it AS an act of love (both for themselves AND for their relationships). Also, deeply understanding that they are worthy of love for who they already ARE, not for what they DO for others.
READY TO DISCOVER YOUR ENNEAGRAM TYPE ONCE AND FOR ALL?
THE MOST THOROUGH & ACCURATE WAY TO FIND OUT YOUR TYPE
In this free 90 minute workshop — I’ll help you gain understanding of what the Enneagram is, the characteristics of each type & help you discover your unique Enneagram type.
This workshop is so much more accurate than taking a free test! I’ll be diving into the nuances of each Enneagram type and providing easy to understand exercises & examples to help you discover the type that fits you the most accurately.